Smith Gray Automation was formed in 1997 in an effort to provide the local marketplace with specialized personnel for the design and support of industrial automated control systems. Smith Gray provides a source for new control system design and installation. System capabilities can include advanced machine diagnostics, data acquisition, factory wide networking and interfacing of all the dissimilar components that can make up today's total plant control schemes. We also specialize in the ability to retrofit and upgrade existing control systems, while minimizing production downtime.
The following are examples of the services our specialists can provide:
- Complete Control System Design and Installation
- Existing Control System Upgrades and Retrofits
- Electrical CAD Capabilities
- Control Panel Fabrication, Assembly and In Shop Testing
- Operator Interface Displays With Integrated Machine Diagnostics
- Onsite Training
- Servo Motion Control Software Development and Startup
- PC Based Control System Design and Software Development
- SCADA Software Development and Implementation
- Troubleshooting Capabilities For Most Major PLC Manufacturers
- Factory Floor Communications Integration
- Process Control Systems
- Variable Speed Drive Application Engineering and Communications
- Turnkey System Installation
Automation exists today in every phase of the industrial workplace. Smith-Gray automation division prides itself in offering the expertise necessary to design, implement and support complex control systems that will make equipment more productive.
Smith Gray Automation designs and builds custom control panels meeting all NEMA and NEC requirements and have the technology and expertise to take the entire job from design engineering to fabrication, assembly, installation and start-up.
Smith Gray Automation offers electrical drawing development, on-site startup and customer tailored training for any type of automated control system. This service is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Smith-Gray is dedicated to meeting project deadlines.
Coordination of large projects can be augmented by cost and time projections to assure smooth project completion meeting pre-determined deadlines.